Good morning Food Eaters,
There is nothing better then Sunday Brunch. Especially when your brother woke up early and already had grabbed a bunch of bagels from the store. Today I want to start off with a simple and delicious brunch. I checked the fridge and found some eggs and mushrooms so I was a happy boy. Here is what I made:
Baked Eggs over Sauteed Mushrooms
6 oz. of mushrooms
2 tbsp. of Parmesan
Salt and Pepper
Oil for sauteing
Parsley for a fancy garnish
How to make
1. Heat a pan over medium heat with olive oil and preheat your over to 400 F. While the pan is warming up, chop up those shrooms.
2. Saute those bad boys until they have reduced in size. Add a smidge of salt and pepper for flavor.
3. Place the sauteed mushrooms on the bottom of a small casserole dish. I couldn’t find a small enough dish so I used two souffle dishes and split the mushrooms.
4. Crack two eggs on top of your mushrooms. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top of the eggs.
5. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and place some parsley on top if your feeling fancy. I threw some hot sauce on this tasty ensemble and devoured it with a buttered bagel.